NEXT WEEKEND, MAY 30 & 31, MASSES WILL BE CELEBRATED IN CHURCH. LET US BE SAFE AND CAREFUL!
Come Holy Spirit Come
On the vigil & day of Pentecost we will be allowed in Church for the first time in over two months. We all know our world, our church, our community, and our Parish has been changed. Extreme emotions have been felt. Let us cautiously be aware of our needs to pray and to be aware of our health and safety for everyone. Here are some guidelines to follow in Church:
1) Everyone needs to wear a mask! If you do not have one, a mask will be given to you to keep.
2) Social distancing is a must. Please keep 6 feet apart unless you are a family unit.
3) The Church will be cleaned after every Mass.
4) No bathrooms are to be used!
5) Hand sanitizer is at the doors of the Church.
6) We are not sure if Holy Communion will be distributed.
7) Please follow directions(arrows) to move about the Church.
8) There will be no missalettes used in Church.
9) Collection baskets will be at the doors of the Church for you to put your budget envelopes in. They will not be passed during Mass.
10) More information is to come soon!
God Blessings to you all!
Guidelines from the Bishop
Returning to Mass in time of COVID-19
1) Catholics will continue to be dispensed from Sunday Mass and Holy Day Masses.
2) Access to Mass will be limited.
3) Hand hygiene and masks are key.
4) Pews will be sectioned off.
5) Singing will be limited.
6) Parishioners will receive Holy Communion in a safe manner. Receiving Holy Communion by the hand only is allowed.
7) The church will be sanitized after every Mass.
8) Budget envelopes will be submitted prior to Mass or as you leave.
9) Avoid personal contact with anyone.
10) Those who are sick must stay home!
Spiritual Communion Prayer
"My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the Most Holy Sacrament of the altar. I love you above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentaly, come at least spiritually into my heart...I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You." Pope Francis
Fr. Frank O'Loughlin will be live streaming Mass every Saturday night at 4pm until we are able to assemble together as a congregation. Please click on the Facebook symbol on the top of this page to watch Mass on Saturday. PLEASE NOTE: You can watch the Mass anytime after it airs live.
Starting on Monday, May 18th the Rectory Office will be open to receive visitors from 9am to Noon ONLY on Monday, Wednesday & Thursday. The Office is open from 8am-3pm if you wish to call. Please make sure you wear a mask or you won't be allowed in. Thank you.
Starting on Monday, May 18th, the Church will be open for Prayer on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30am to Noon. Only 5 people are allowed in the Church at a time. Please respect the social distancing rules. Thank you.
Holy Ghost Feast Update
Due to the Covid-19 virus, the Holy Ghost Feast has been cancelled for this year. Please do not mail in your Pensao envelopes - they will not be delivered this year.
Tuesday 8am-9am; 2pm-3pm
Sunday: 9am (English & Portuguese)
Confessions: Saturdays 3-3:30pm
There are no upcoming scheduled events.
St. Vincent de Paul Society
The St. Vincent de Paul Society helps those in need. They help with rental payments, utility bills and food. If you need assistance, and you live in Newport County, please call them at 401-236-2453. Please leave a message and they will contact you.